Is your Sydney bathroom in need of some touch-ups? If you’re updating your bathroom’s look but are on a tight budget, don’t worry. We’ve got the best ideas for budget bathroom renovations in Sydney.
In this blog post, we’ll get into everything you need to know about doing bathroom renovations on a budget. From assessing your needs and setting your budget to creative upgrades, we outline great tips and ideas to take on budget bathroom renovations.
Some tips for successful budget bathroom renovations in Sydney
First things first, you need to come up with a plan and budget. On average, a Sydney bathroom renovation can cost anywhere from $15,000 to tens of thousands. To avoid overspending, here are some tips you should consider when planning a bathroom renovation:
- Essential changes — A budget bathroom renovation is useless unless it actually improves your bathroom’s overall look and functionality. Whether it’s improving storage, adding a bidet or upgrading other plumbing and fixtures, focus your renovation plans around the most crucial changes.
- Keep the layout — If you can make improvements without changing the existing layout of your bathroom, you’ll end up saving so much by avoiding pipe or drain work. As much as possible, try keeping the toilet, sink and shower in their original locations if you’re doing bathroom renovations on a budget.
- Refinishing vs replacing — Determine whether your bathroom fittings and fixtures need to be completely replaced or if they’ll look and work amazingly with a simple refinishing. This is a more cost-effective way to update your bathroom and get that aesthetic upgrade.
- DIY vs professional work — We recommend going DIY for simple installations or painting when you’re on a budget. For complex and technical tasks like plumbing and electrical work, hire a professional to avoid mishaps and potential further spending to correct your mistakes.
- Storage solutions — Keeping your bathroom clutter-free while having everything you need in reach is key for every bathroom renovation on a budget. Something as simple as neat bins or a stylish clothes hamper can elevate your bathroom from its look to its functionality.
- Repurposing — Save money by repurposing materials or items in your bathroom or home. Besides upcycling any wood you have, now would be a great time to bring out unused trinkets or china to decorate your bathroom counters with as soap dishes or a jewellery dish.
Once you’ve decided on what you want to do regarding these tips, you can start mapping out expenses and what you need to spend for your budget bathroom renovations in Sydney. Now, let’s get into the creative yet cost-effective ways you can make upgrades for your Sydney bathroom renovations on a budget.
- Try new paint or tiles.
You’d be amazed how a new coat of paint or a new set of tiles can instantly transform your bathroom. While doing your budget bathroom renovations, make sure to choose a colour that complements the existing elements of your bathroom that you love. We also recommend using a moisture-resistant medium suitable for bathrooms.
If you have a little room in your budget, replacing your bathroom tiles or adding a backsplash for an accent wall is a fun way to update your bathroom with a new look.
- Update your water fixtures and cabinet hardware.
Your bathroom’s water fixtures play a vital part in your bathroom’s interior design and functionality, so updating these smaller details is a great move for budget bathroom renovations. Whether you refinish or completely replace your fixtures is up to you and the size of your budget.
Either way, simply changing or swapping these bathroom details can make a huge difference, especially when complementing the right décor. Additionally, you can make your bathroom feel quirky and chic or modern and sleek with the right cabinet hardware — it only takes a bit of shopping and a screwdriver to complete this simple update.
- Refinish the wooden components.
If your bathroom features any wooden components like cabinets or vanities, you can refinish them for a brand-new look at a low cost. This is also a great idea if there are any stains or damage to the wood — simply sand the surface to get rid of any damage or existing paint or wood stains.
Choose a wood stain or paint that will suit your new bathroom look and update any faulty hardware like cabinet door hinges for a new look and ease of use. If you’re experienced, you can even do this without the help of a professional, saving you even more on your budget bathroom renovation in Sydney!
- Update the lighting.
Updating your bathroom lighting is a great way to change the atmosphere of your bathroom without much effort or cost. Use warmer-toned light bulbs, eye-catching lighting fixtures or try soft backlighting for your bathroom mirrors.
- Add new decorative touches.
Touch up your bathroom with flowers, new bathroom mats and rugs, or even bath towels. Similar little details such as soap dishes, dispensers and your toothbrush holder can change a whole lot for a little cost and effort.
Get inspired with Milan Bathroom
If you’re in need of more design inspiration for your budget bathroom renovations in Sydney, check out our gallery to see some of our amazing work for our satisfied clients.
Whether you’re planning a budget for a private bathroom renovation or a business’ commercial bathroom renovation, Milan Bathroom can provide you with expert advice and services. Find out more about our Sydney bathroom renovations, other service areas and more by contacting us for any questions.